If you’re like me, you want to make delicious meals or snacks, but you don’t want to put in a lot of hours doing it. I may love to cook, but only when it’s fast and easy. Of course, the finished product has to taste like I’ve slaved over a hot stove for hours. A slow cooker helps me do that and it doesn’t heat up the kitchen in the summer as the stove does.
I remember the first slow cooker I ever saw. My mother came home from a trip to the new “discount” store in the area with a large box labeled “Crock Pot.” It was the original slow cooker. For months after that in the morning before she left for work, she would take an uncooked meal out of the refrigerator that she made the night before, put it in the Crockpot, turn it on and leave for work.
We had months of stews and soups, primarily because she didn’t know any other way to use this handy gadget. I learned to hate the Crockpot. That was until I rediscovered the slow cooker and all the different ways to use it and the wide variety of recipes to make with it.
This sumptuous spinach artichoke dish is one of those yummy recipes that you can start in the morning and munch on all day or whip it up early and forget it while you get all other dishes ready for any party or get-together.
It’s not just easy, it’s creamy and delectable and only takes ten minutes of prep time with 2 ½ hours of slow cooking while you clean the house, make your latest creation or just relax in a tub full of bubbles. If you have one of the iStir stirring systems, you don’t even have to stir it periodically. Now that’s easy and definitely my kind of food.
It’s quick and easy and absolutely delicious. Your family will want it every night, but with so many other easy to make recipes, you can make them wait while you tempt them with other delights from the slow cooker.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Place artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, onion, garlic, Parmesan, milk, feta, mayonnaise, vinegar and pepper into a slow cooker. Stir until well combined. Top with cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- Uncover and stir until cream cheese is well combined. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 15 minutes.