If you want a summery drink that's incredibly refreshing, I have just what you need. This drink is thirst quenching, yet sweet at the same time. Best of all, it's easy to make and only takes about twenty minutes to make from start to finish.
This unique recipe will have all your friends asking how you made it, you can tell them if you want or simply say, “It took hours and is so complicated, I'll have to write down the recipe.”
Sometimes I do that just to create an aura of mystery around my recipes and never let my friends or family see exactly how I make that particular dish or drink. Either way, it's a refreshing drink for the summer to help cool you down, whether you spend the day at the beach, working in the backyard or sitting with your laptop on the recliner on the back porch.
This drink welcomes the dog days of summer and even some of the cooler ones, where the temperature only hits in the high 80's. You start by juicing watermelon until you have three cups. I have a juicer but have seen people use a blender, particularly for watermelon, then drain the mixture for the juice.
I think you could use all the super ground melon for a thicker, though probably less refreshing, drink. You also need a cup of pineapple juice and one orange juice.
The only cooking you do on this recipe is making your own sugary syrup. You only do that so the sugar completely dissolves. It's easy, just mix 2 parts water and 1 part sugar in a pan over medium heat and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved, then allow it to cool. Or you can use the brown sugar (Coconut Palm sugar).
How To Serve:
I actually like to pour the mixture over crushed or slushed ice, before I add the water and then add it as needed. You can serve this watermelon lemonade with a sprig of mint for an even more refreshing flavor.
- young coconut (shredded ) I bought them at Asian market in the frozen section
- watermelon (shaved)
- watermelon (scoped into balls)
- pineapple chunks
- Coconut Palm sugar (or brown sugar - adjust according to your taste)
- coconut water
Step by step instructions:
Mix the shaved watermelon, pineapple chunks and young coconut in a pitcher and add 1 liter coconut water.
Mash the remaining watermelon to come up with 1 or 1.5 cup of its juice and add this to the pitcher.
Sucanat sugar ( or brown sugar) adjust the amount depending on your taste.Squeeze 1 orange to the mix and add 3-4 tbsp. of
Chill in the fridge or you can serve it immediately with added ice shaves or cubes.
Watch How to Make This Watermelon Fruit Punch:
Watermelon Tropical Fruit Punch
- 1 ½ cups young coconut (shredded ) I bought them at Asian market in the frozen section
- 3 cups watermelon (shaved)
- 2 cups watermelon (scoped into balls)
- 1 ½ cups pineapple chunks
- 1 orange
- 3 to 4 tablespoon Coconut Palm sugar (or brown sugar - adjust according to your taste)
- 1 liter coconut water
Watch the Video:
- Mix the shaved watermelon, pineapple chunks and young coconut in a pitcher and add 1 liter coconut water.
- Mash the remaining watermelon to come up with 1 or 1.5 cup of its juice and add this to the pitcher.
- Squeeze 1 orange to the mix and add 3-4 tbsp. of sucanat sugar ( or brown sugar) adjust the amount depending on your taste.
- Chill in the fridge or you can serve it immediately with added ice shaves or cubes.
Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.